Friday 26 October 2007

Spreading the condom joy....



My purse was stolen today and I had to cancel all my credit cards.... so I have been feeling thoroughly miserable. To cheer me up, a friend sent me a link to a great condom educational song from India ... watch it for yourself at http://digg.com/lbv.php?id=3835822&ord=1


This ludicrous, but highly amusing, video is very similar to initiatives that I saw in Papua New Guinea when I was there in March 2007. I was in PNG conducting interviews in remote highland villages. We were assessing the impact of a Canadian gold mine that is situated right in the middle of the highlands (owned by Barrick Gold). The conditions we found were shocking and deeply upsetting. But the wonderful condom/ AIDS awareness posters always made me smile (even if it seems to be only mildly encouraging men to actually use the condoms....). I loved this poster in particular... where the warrior condom man takes on the AIDS epidemic....

No comments: